Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm grateful for.........

I am sooooooooo grateful today that I can be a mom! I don't know why I was so blessed to have my two precious kiddos, but thankfully I was. I feel sorry for people who choose not to have children. I think that they are definately missing out on life's biggest treasure. I know that there unfortunately are many out there who can't have children for one reason or another, and my heart simply aches for them. Kevin and I have been trying for three years now to have another baby and there are so many days where I would get so frustrated, and feel sorry for myself, when all I really needed to do was stop and look at the two BEAUTIFUL little spirits I do have and how blessed I am to have them. I know that there is a reason for us not being able to have another one, and I am finally content in knowing that, and embracing every second I have with my two precious angels. How selfish of me to feel sorry for myself for not being able to have more when there are so many that can't have any.
Kevin and I definately don't have any money and haven't for a few years now, and I know that many people I'm sure wonder why I don't get a job when we could so desprately use the money. I used to worry about what people thought about me not getting a job as we have had so much trouble with finances, but I can't do that because I know why, Kevin knows why, and my Father in Heaven knows why and that is all that matters. I wouldn't miss being with Koleman every day, and playing games over and over with him, learning from him, helping him know that things are ok when he has one of his meltdowns, taking him to the park and the library, or being able to go each week to Addie's class to help the kids there with their sight words, being home when she gets out of school, being her room parent, being able to get her breakfast in the morning, being able to go eat lunch with her at school because she wants me to. I will never ever get this precious time back with them and it goes sooooooo fast. This may sound a little arrogant but Koleman needs me right now to be home even though he does go to preschool two days a week, he needs to have that surety that I will be here for him. And I am not going to sacrifice his stability in that, for a few extra dollars here and there. I don't mean to sound like I am going off on a rampage, I just feel so strongly about this for myself and especially for my little Koleman. I am soooooooooo blessed to be a mother and that is what my ulitmate job is right now!! How grateful I am for that!!!




4 comments:

MillerTime said...

Amen, sister!!! I WILL stay home with my boys until they are all in school. The Lord blessed us to be mothers and I won't turn my back on that blessing. I don't fault mothers who do go to work, but I do cherish the blessings as well as the trials I have received with my choice to stay home and be a mommy!! You are such a great example to me!!!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

I second that! You are the best mother ever! You are so cute and wonderful with your children. You are right, they are special blessings! You do have a job and you are doing it well! You are so selfless to want to stay home to raise your beautiful little spirits! Anybody can go to work to make money, but it takes an amazing person like you to make the sacrifices you make and find the gratitude in them! Way to go!

(Sorry, I deleted my first post. I posted without fixing all of my typos!)

jenandjustin said...

I was just thinking...AMEN SISTA! and then I saw Tammi's post! Ha! It is such a blessing and a joy to be at home with our kiddos. You are a wonderful mom and your kids are soooo blessed to have you! Money always comes and goes but, we can't replace time with our kids!