Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I am SO blessed..........

Sorry if this seems so personal, but like a lot of people who blog, I use this as my journal so feel free to disregard this if you want!!!
I am so grateful for my life and all that I have. Our little family has had a crazy last couple of years, and for the trials and the hardships I am EXTREMELY grateful. I know that may sound wierd but I have grown more than I ever have in the last couple years than I ever have. I have fianlly come to realize that it doesn't matter what you look like, what you wear, how big and pretty your house is, etc. Sad to say I was so wrapped up in all of that crap for so long my life was MISERABLE. I have had a horrible self-esteem almost my whole life, and so to help my self feel better I would want to go buy a new shirt, or shoes, or something to help myself feel better. Well obviously that was just a quick fix, because it never lasted long. Anyways, I got WAY to caught up in the way of the world. I was so worried about what other people thought of me, and I wanted to fit in so badly that I really wasn't genuinely happy. Well Heavenly Father definately knows that I needed a wake up call! That He did help me understand!! And I am soooooooooooooooo grateful that things are in His hands, because for the last probably 18 years of my life, I always felt so inferior and worthless because of the "worldy standards". But what took me so many years to realize is that I have EVERYTHING anyone could ever want or ask for. First and foremost I have the gospel. Wow, how does ANYONE go through this life without it. I don't know what I would do without it. I have been really studying the Book of Mormon and sad to say I didn't really know it very well at all until these past couple of years. It is my get a way. When I am reading I know why I am here on this earth, why we all are, and what I need to do while I am here, and that is not being the prettiest, best dressed, etc., but to live so righteously that I can obtain the glory of living with my Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ again. I can't even imagine how amazing that day will be if I make it there!! I am so grateful for the opportunity to go to the temple each week while Koley is in preschool, and learn sooooooo much each time I go and feel of His spirit. I am sooooooooooooooo Grateful for Kevin and for the AMAZING husband he is. For his love for me, for his paitence, for his compassion, for his worthiness to hold the preisthood, for providing for us, for the father that he is to Addie and Koleman, for the strength he gives me, for believing in me, for NEVER getting upset at me (believe it or not he NEVER has), for being my VERY best friend who loves to be goofy with me, for doing the spartan cheerleader dance with me, for the support he has given me through all of my trials with health, for not giving up on me, for making me CONSTANTLY pee my pants laughing (literally). I am soooooooooooo grateful for the sacred opportunity to be a mother. I don't know how any mother could ever doubt Heavenly Father's love beacause He has entrusted us with these AMAZING little spirits. What an honor. I love my Addie soooooo much!! She is soooooo loving, kind, compassionate, giving, funny, smart, talented, helpful, considerate, paitenet, such a good sister, creative, energetic, friendly, and best of all I get to be her mommy!! I am soooooo greatful for my little Koley boy for all that he teaches me each day. He is so eager to learn anything and everything. His spirit radiates wherever he goes. He is so funny and sweet. He loves life and helps everyone around love life as well. He is very motivated and determined. He is simply amazing!!
I have sooooooooo much to be greatful for, and I have decided that everyday I need to write about something I am grateful for. So that is my goal!!




3 comments:

MillerTime said...

From the minute I met you Andrea I saw one of the most beautiful people I had ever met. Not because your cute and ALWAYS looking good (even though that's true too). It was because you were so kind, sweet, caring, and compasionate. You are also VERY humble - you don't give yourself enough credit!!! Your a great friend and an amazing example to me!!

Heather said...

Hi Andrea, My mom told me about your blog a while ago but I haven't commented until now. I LOVED this post. I think tons of people feel the same way you did but just don't talk about it. Thank you for sharing what you've learned and your beautiful testimony!

The Woff Pack said...

Andrea, I just wanted to let you know how much fun we had with you guys last weekend. I feel bad that you must have been down in bed when I got up and left on Saturday. We were thinking we didn't get to say good bye. But I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your testimony. You and Emily are great moms, it made me want to come home to my kids and be more patient and not jump so quick to get up set at them for silly things. Thank you so much for letting us get to really meet the really you. I truly felt like I didn't really know you guys until this weekend. Thanks again. You guys are great. I love you. Amber