Saturday, February 28, 2009

In My Daughter's Eyes


In my daughters eyes I am a hero, I am strong and wise and I know no fear.


But the truth is plain to see, she was sent to rescue me.


I see who I want to be in my daughter's eyes.


In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal darkness turns to light and the world is at peace, this miricale God gave to me gives me strength when I am weak I find reason to believe in my Daughter's eyes.


And when she wraps her hand around my finger oh it puts a smile in my heart


Everything becomes a little clearer I realize what life is all about


It's hanging on when your heart has had enough.


It's given more when you feel like given up. I've seen the light it's in my Daughter's eyes.


In my Daughter's eyes I can see the future,


a reflection of who I am and what will be.


though she'll grow and someday leave maybe raise a family,




when I'm gone I hope you'll see how happy she made me,


For I'll be there, in my daughter's eyes.


I got this idea from my Joyelle, and I am so glad I did because I have always loved this song. It explains Addie and I to a T!!! I love you Addie Girl!!!




3 comments:

Joyelle said...

Addie is the most beautiful little girl everrrr :) We love you SO much!! Addie Lou we love you :) You are such an amazing little girl!! We miss you SO much and you are sooo special to us :)

MillerTime said...

That was a beauiful post!! She is such a sweet girl, beautiful inside and out ... just like you!!

jenandjustin said...

scotlynn says..."she is sooo cute!" and she is. Absolutely beautiful!