Thursday, September 24, 2009

Being a mom is AWESOME but HARD!!

So this morning I took Koleman to school and I asked him if he wanted to walk in alone or if he wanted me to walk him to the gate. He always wants to go in by himself because I think it makes him feel big, but today he said he wanted me to walk him in. I didn't think anything of it and was excited to because I love to watch him in there. Anyways we walk in and he acted a little hesitant but seemed fine so I kissed him good-bye and was walking away, and I heard him run up to a boy that he really likes and say, "Hi, so and so", and the boy ignored him, so he went up and said hi again, and the little boy just ran off and wouldn't even say anything. Koleman walked away with his head held down a little. I was devistated and was about to go talk to him when he ran over to the slide and seemed fine. So I just watched him for a minute to make sure.
Well then after school I asked him how it was and he said it was fine. Then I asked him what he did at recess because I like to see if he played with anyone, or what he does when he has unstructured time like that. He said, "They wouldn't let me in because I didn't know the secret password." I asked who wouldn't let him in and he just kept saying the same thing over and over. I asked if it was a special club or something and he said yes, but he couldn't be apart because he didn't know the password. My heart sank. He didn't seem too upset about it, but I came home and cried for a while. He is just soooo precious and all he needs is one good friend that will take him under their wing. I hope and pray that he will find that friend. I know that he doesn't relate to other kids his age very well and they don't relate to him in some ways, so it will be challenging, but he is so stinkin cool I feel like he will be ok. I just HATE it when anyone treats anyone badly especially when it is my own little boy.
I wish there was a way to protect my little ones from any hurt at all, but I know that the only way for them to learn and grow is to face challenges themselves and learn how to become a better person for it. But it sure is hard when it comes to your own kids.




6 comments:

Randi said...

Oh poor Coleman! I'm sorry about stuff like that. I bet that he will find a good friend. He is such a sweet little guy!

Joyelle said...

love you guys xoxo

The Woff Pack said...

I think being a mom at a time like that is the hardest thing we are asked to do. I want to say it gets easier but it doesn't. Sidney was just fighting with her friend last week. She came home crying. I just wanted to go after the friend and say hey why would you do that. It's true that we have to let them learn and grow. I just remind them. You don't like it so don't ever do that to anyone else. Love ya! Your a good mom and as long as he knows he is loved he will be ok.

Alicia said...

I know just what you mean. You have a really good attitude about it all. It's so hard, you just want to shelter your kids forever. Koleman seems like such a special boy.

MillerTime said...

Poor Koley!!! And poor mom!! It is sooooo hard to have to go through those things, but kids are so resilient and I honestly believe that it's harder on us as parents to watch than it is on them.... I hope the next day went better, he is a cool kid!

Sunflower Mama said...

Okay this made me devastated! He is such a sweetie and I just love him to bits! You are a wonderful mom as well missy!