Sunday, May 24, 2009

He is ALWAYS there for us......

I think that if we all (especially me) would take the time to realize what we have instead of what we don't have and put our focus on helping others we would be so much happier. I have been feeling really sorry for myself lately. I really want my own house again and it seems so hard to make ends meet. I have stopped and stepped back for a second and I know how blessed I am. There are millions of people with WAY harder trials than mine and here I am feeling bad for myself. I love this talk by Elder Cook. Please copy the link and listen to this. I feel that the economic times we are in right now are a blessing. I know that sounds wierd but I think Heavenly Father is seeing all the worldliness and is thinking that we all need to be humbled a little in one way or another. I am sooooooooo grateful for the gospel. I love my little family soooooo much and couldn't ask for anything more. That is all I need to be happy, Kevin, Addie, Koleman, and the gospel, and I need to realize that more often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz41YxNiHEg

8 comments:

MillerTime said...

I need to listen to this talk!! I've been having my own pity party here, I want my house too!! But your right, we have all that we NEED, and are stronger because of our trials.

Sunflower Mama said...

Thank you for always being an inspiration. You are just so special missy.

Joyelle said...

annie-iss lou-iss hadley-iss!!!! we are SO SO SO excited to come out and have a blast w/ you guys! only like 2 more weeks!! cannot wait to just hang out play games party with the kids for their bdays-- and anything you wanna do w/ the parties- im totally game! it's gonna just be the best time ever. it's gonna be sooo hard to leave tho!! love u guys sooo much! we're all getting in "plan for the trip" mode and it's makin me sooo happy!!! we love you all sooo much!! i'm so excited i could pop! lol love ya girlie!!! :)

Joyelle said...

hi!! im posting again lol. we are getting soooooo excited to come out with you guys!! it's gonna be the best trip ever! love ya!!!

Myles N Amanda said...

we truly are blessed. its crazy how easy we can forget that , it just proves how hard the devil is working on each of us!
I love your little kids and the thing they say that is so funny and so smart! i love it.

Myles N Amanda said...

oh so i might copy you on that kids say the coolest things hope ya dont mind ;)

jenandjustin said...

I always want what I don't have!! Thanks for bringing me back to what is most important!

The Knudsen Klan said...

I've been there sista! I promise it gets better, but @ the same time you're so right! Heavenly Father wants us to be happy with the "little" things and realize how truly blessed we are to have what we do.