Wow, today has been a really hard day. We have such an amazing family in our ward. They are just this big happy family. One of the brothers lives at the end of our street with his wife and 2 kids, and then his other brother lives behind us with his wife and 7 kids. They are polenysian, and have done a lot of fun enrichment nights, and ward parties for our ward, teaching us how to hula dance, cook polenysian food, etc. They are just awesome. Well this last they have had to endure more than some people do in a lifetime. Last Saturday, the family that lives down the street from us were at Fiesta Fun for their daughter's birthday. The mom was riding in the go cart and her long beautiful hair got caught in the motor somehow, and it scalped her. Needless to say she has been in the hospital, and I believe just came home on Friday. Well yesterday exactly one week later, the brother that lives down the street whose wife was scalped, was dropping off his mother at his brother's house that live behind us and as he was backing out he hit his 16 month old nephew and he died. When they announced in sacrament meeting what had happened it literally made me sick to my stomach. I just can't believe that could happen to one family in one week. It makes me realize even more how I need to focus on what life is really all about and not worry about the dumb petty little worldly things that don't matter at all.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh Andrea! I heard about both those stories! It is so sad that it happened anyways, but to one family in one week, that's horrible! I hope everyone in your ward is great with them as they have been to your ward. Oh that makes me count my blessings.
Post a Comment