Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Koleman's Testing Day

Today has been such a good day for our little family!! We have had a lot of concerns about Koleman maybe having aspergers syndrome. So we have taken him to our pediatrician to have him tested and then today we met with a pschycologist, pediatrician, and an audiologist to determine his actual diagnosis. We met with the pshycologist for almost 2 hours and she did a whole bunch of tests and asked a lot of questions. She also observed Koleman. She then officialy diagnosed him with aspergers syndrome. She did an IQ test for children on him. The scale goes from 0-140
(poor-genius intelligence). The average child usually scores between 90-110, so she was shocked when he scored 148, as were we. I am so relieved to know how to help him but wouldn't change him for the world!!! He is such an angel, and has always had such a special little spirit. The next steps we take are to just learn more about it and become really educated on how to help him. We love Addie and Koleman more than anything and really wouldn't change one thing about them!!! Kids are so cool. They are so innocent and humble. I can see why they say in the scriptures to become as a little child. Being a mom is the most amazing thing ever. We who are mom's (and dad's) are the most fortunate people ever!!!

2 comments:

Sunflower Mama said...

I knew he was a little genius! Seriously Andrea that is awesome. He'll get the Nobel prize one day or invent something awesome! ;-) He is such a loving, sweet kid! I just love having him over! & of course Hunter does too! ;-) & I'm so happy for you guys to finally know for sure about AS. Let me know if there's anything I can do that's recommended when we have class! You know I'd be happy to do whatever I can! ;-)
p.s. when are you guys free to come over and play????

Kevin Hadley said...

yo that koleman is a stud you are to ya know what i mean